GREENHILL were engaged by DHA as the lead consultant for the detailed design and documentation, tender, construction contract administration and contract superintendence services of the Bayriver Estate. This development has just been completed and has created over 120 allotments provided for approximately 200 dwellings. The allotments provide for defence personnel housing interspersed with the majority of allotments being taken up by the private sector. The development is an infill development, located on former state owned land near the Port River and adjacent a freight railway line.
As the lead consultant, the services we provided or managed on behalf of the DHA included:
- Review of the concept plan and plan of division, as part of preliminary design work, ensuring protection of properties from coastal storm surge and stormwater drainage, minimising the requirement for imported fill, revising the proposed stormwater quality treatment and flood management measures and rationalising the allotment layout.
- Engineering and property survey services (by sub-consultant Alexander Symonds)
- Detailed design for earthworks, roads and drainage, footpath network water and waste water network
- Landscape design (by sub-consultant Hassell) including streetscape, central park with playground, shelter and BBQ, exercise station, walkways and shared path. The landscape design for the central park included recreation of riparian zones and stormwater treatment measures integrated with a large stormwater detention basin required for stormwater flood management.
- Electrical reticulation and street lighting (by sub-consultant Applied Technologies Services), including identification of the opportunity to underground existing overhead power lines as part of the development.
- Control of environmental remediation works (by sub-consultant Environmental Projects) to complete the environmental remediation plan for the site.
Please click on the thumbnails below to see full-size images.